[Harp-L] Muddy memory in Hanover

 Well, despite my lack of recall as to whether/who was playing harp at that particular Dartmouth College show, and at the risk of offending the rep of Muddy & BB,  I have a very distinct memory of sharing a few bottles of cheap wine (not complete junk like boones farm or t-bird, but something very inexpensive) with Peewee Madison, Muddy and BB, and other band members.
We'd gained access to the venue late-afternoon through the left-ajar loading door, helped load in a bunch of gear, set up our picnic/party in the front and center seats a couple hours before  showtime.  Peewee and others engaged us in amiable conversation, including our discovery he and I both had lived near 48th & Kenwood in So. side Chicago, and were thus old neighbors.  He was a funny, cheerful guy.
Muddy & BB came through separately and chatted with us briefly, bottles were proferred, drinks taken, and I distinctly remember being awed that Muddy took a drink of our plonk.    BB took his partial bottle backstage.  I suppose they were just humoring a claque of enthusiastic young fans, quite successfully.
I'm sure all these guys had better taste and higher standards than a bunch of incorrigible young teen stoners, but perhaps they also were courteous, appreciative and amused.  I think Muddy wasn't a snob, he just knew how to enjoy life, and help others do, too.

Good role models, indeed.

-Dave "all wine would be red if it could" Fertig
[Harp-L] Muddy and BB show in hanover
        	Tuesday, March 2, 2010 7:51 AM

            From:
            roberttifol@xxxxxxx

        	To:
        	harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

that
was paul oscher playing the harp, muddy wasnt drinking any cheap wine
at the time it was piper heidseck or mums champagne, carey bell only
played with muddy for a two week tour to europe in 1970