[Harp-L] DanEcho pedal

I have a Dan-echo pedal in my effects chain. IMHO a great pedal however would recommend modding it unless you are using some kind of preamp in front of it. It's obviously made for a guitar signal which is not what your going to be sending it from a mic. Had mine modified by Ron Holmes. Stock, it will suck the bottom end right out of your tone.  There are plenty of sites a google search away explaining how and why. I actually have an old Boss DM-3 in my chain as well. I use the Danecho for long delays and to change up the tone from the DM-3 which is pretty much always on. With the combination of the 2, I am more than satisfied when it comes to delay.

If I had to buy another delay pedal, I would look into the Lone Wolf products as they are specifically made for us harpers and built accordingly. Would be less $ than a new Dan-Echo with the mod and built specifically for the harp. Plenty of reviews here on the list and the website.  http://lwharpamps.com/delay.html

Jason Ricci uses the BBE products which he says are very harp-friendly and in the price ballpark. Look for his effects comparisons on youtube. Very informative.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469227/direct/01/