[Harp-L] New Richard Hunter patches for Digitech RP250/255/350/355 coming...

Hi all,

I'm working on a couple of new patch sets for the Digitech RP250/255/350/355, and I wanted to give everyone a quick summary of what's coming.

The first set--inspired by my recently acquired Sonny Jr. Super Sonny--is designed to be used in front of your favorite harp amp.  These patches will include NO amp modeling or EQ--just effects and plenty of them.  The idea here is that if you're already getting a great sound from your favorite harp amp, you can plunk an RP in front of it and get great reverbs and delays, plus pitch and modulation effects, for a fraction of the cost of a pile of dedicated FX boxes, all in one neat little package.  My tests with the RP and the Super Sonny show that the RP passes the mic signal through without sucking tone from the amp--just what you want in an effects box.

I'm particularly pleased with the delays and reverbs in the RPs, which come in multiple flavors that all sound good, and I will take full advantage of the RP's built in foot pedal to give the player control over delay time, repeats, delay level, reverb level, effects level, and so on.

The second set is for the freaks out there who want to play heavy metal licks on their harmonicas.  (I'm one of them.)  This set will explore the distortion effects built into the RP, which work much better with harp than your typical distortion stompbox does--plenty of tone, minimum feedback.  This set will be designed for use with a clean amp (like a PA or keyboard amp) on the back end--in other words, and like my previous sets, as a complete harmonica setup that only requires a mic and PA.

I expect to make the first set above available within 4-6 weeks, and a license for my patchsets can be purchased anytime from Coast2coastmusic.com.  Anyone who's purchased a license for one of my patch sets within the last 12 months (which includes all current licensees) will get this update for free as soon as it's available.

regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter