Re: [Harp-L] What's so bad about micing to a PA?

OK... I'm not a "sound man".. I'm just a harp player.
But "I've been there".

In my opinion, the best way to mic a harp amp is with a Shure SM 57 aimed
at the the center of the cone of  the FRONT one of the speakers in  your
combo or speaker cabinet... An SM58 is almost, but for some reason beyond  my
comprehension, not quite so effective. Other mics... Are not so good. In
fact, in my experience much MUCH worse.
I have never found a "line out" to deliver the goods...

BUT YOUR MILEAGE MIGHT VARY.

Get the advice of a good sound person!

They should know their own gear, and can sort it for you.

But NEVER UPSET YOUR SOUND MAN!

They can make or break you, however good you are.

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines.