[Harp-L] Summer in the City,-)

Yesterday afternoon I did a session for Bassist Chuck Rainey' forthcoming CD. Chuck has played on Sanford and Son and Baretta to King Curtis, Aretha and Steely Dan. I played some diatonic on a funky instrumental....I used my chrom on the interlude section for a neat descending chromatic line....the I headed up to Birdland...........

Some Cool Pix from our Soldout show at Birdland in NYC last night, I'm doing this gig a year now and totally knocked out by the Birdland Big Band! We closed the show with Weather Report's 'Birdland' and I played it on a C Diatonic.....I played Herbie Hancock's 'Butterfly'
on Chromatic and an assortment of other cool big band charts. we had a ball!

I don't sing on this gig, but they asked me if I could surprise the audience with a Vocal, I used my audix fireball V and it worked just fine!

Click on the 47 Birdland 6-24-10 gallery

http://gallery.me.com/rlips

best,
Rob Paparozzi