[Harp-L] Wireless Rigs & FCC

Sheesh we need a diversion from the assbackwards drama.

I was thinking about wireless again and remember there was some deal where the FCC was selling frequencies from 600 to 800 (roughly) to cable/tv companies or something, which means that there could be problems with existing wireless rigs using those frequencies. I read through old posts here and someone said that PAMA or some music instrument consortium was asking for a two year reprieve. Anyone know what happened there?

I don't want a belt pack (there's um, a wire there..). I want it to be XLR. The Samson Airline 77 looks about the best bet (SW7AVSHX), but the ones I see (N1-N6) use those 600-something frequencies. There was some talk of a new waveangle system coming a year ago, has it ever materialized? I know Sennheiser makes some too, but I think they're very expensive (transmitter alone $400+?). I know about the Hohner one, reviews have not been positive so not in consideration.

Bill