[Harp-L] Charlie's comment

Personally, when I see anybody getting any kind of work at all in this
business - I'm pulling for them. All that negative baloney is just
plain silly."

That says it all, thank you Charlie!!!!! Great exposure, BTW.

Boy are you at the mercy of the TV Studio - I was playing "Through the Raindrops" to tracks on Canada AM, Canada's most watched morning news program. We had a 60 second break to set up my monitor and get my level. Now this happens in that 60 seconds - They play the tracks, I had spent hours tuning to the DAT I provided them, and now the tracks are out of tune. The first thing out of my mouth was "did you transfer this to a vari-speed tape recorder." "yes, it is easier to play than a DAT." "Well, the speed isn't exact because it's not in tune." "We thought you would just tune to the tracks." "The harmonica is a fixed pitch instrument" "Can you play the piece without tracks?" "No" "The tracks are a quarter tone or so flat, but we would have to spend time to tune." "There is no time, your on" "Play them as they are."

It was like finger nails on a black board playing on live TV. My manager was ready to kill them and I had to say to him, "Next" and thank Canada AM for the wonderful job. People even told how beautiful the piece was, and you move on.

Harmonically yours,

Robert
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com