Re: [Harp-L] Re: Charlie- Good Morning America

i saw charlie at the golden bear in huntington beach, ca back in '70.  seen him several times since, of course.  like i said before, give a listen to 'louisianna fog' or most anything up to continental drifter.  most everything i hear after just doesn't hit me where i like to be hit.  but that's just me.  and i like to think my style is a smushing of butter and charlie.  my 2nd solo on 'digital blues' is charlie inspired. (bill frain myspace)
for me, and the thing that got me into blues, was the intensity of emotions.  i really gotta feel it right here.  that's why i like ronnie earl on guitar.  butter on harp.  i've seen kim wilson a number of times, and after about 5 songs i'm hearing the same stuff over and over and it kills me.  there's a live vid of him on the harp amp page, and the solo just isn't hitting me.  it's almost boring.  it's a "so what" solo.i generally like piazza's harp..duh...but his voice grates me like cheese.  and his corny lyrics on a tune i heard, don't know title, i'm a bluesman, was akin to jack jones doing "i'm a singer"...kinda weird to me...but his harp on the tune is some of his best.  the tone is absolute murder!  the best!
but that's just me.  i gotta really feel it.  i didn't feel any of it in GMA. and lauper was screwing up that slide work...