[Harp-L] New photos on Richard Hunter website

Hi all,

I've posted some photos from the gig with Lowlands (http://lowlandsband.com) at the Windmill in Brixton UK on June 19 to my website.  You can find them here:

http://www.hunterharp.com/photo-gallery/

For anyone who's ever wanted to know what I look like with my hair completely saturated with sweat, that'll do it.

Stay tuned for some rough mp3s from that gig.  My Zoom H4 was running in mono mode right off a feed from the board, and the kick drum drove it into overload with every hit (even though I had the limiter engaged), so the big electric pieces didn't record well, to put it mildly.  But the pieces without big drums sound pretty good, and there's some nice interplay between the harp and the violin on a couple of pieces.  The violinist used a lot of effects of her own, and the textures got pretty interesting.

I had a few interesting problems with the Digitech RP355 on this gig.  For some reason, we couldn't get the harp into the monitors without a lot of feedback.  We were able to solve the issue for the mains by backing off the output level from the RP to about 50% (as opposed to the 90-95% I usually use), but I had to play the gig without harp in the monitors.  The sound out front was fine, but it was tough on stage.  If I'd had my druthers, I would've put my keyboard amp behind me for an onstage monitor--but my keyboard amp was 3000 miles away at the time.  Oh well.  Some of the other members of the band, like the acoustic guitarist, were having similar problems with the monitors.  Still a great gig.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick