[Harp-L] re: Curtis Salgado

I saw Curtis play at the North Atlantic Blues Festival in Rockland, Maine.
Extrodinary player, doesn't just play the same canned Little Walter riffs.
That was a good harp weekend. On Saturday Jerry Portnoy played. On Sunday,
Curtis played, and after Curtis, Charlie Musselwhite played. I have seen
Charlie numerous times, but that evening he had something to prove. No easy
task following Curtis.

A few years later, on Saturday, after the festival closed down for the
evening, I saw Hummel ,Branch, and Wiggins jamming with a local blues band
at the bowling alley in Rockland. Delay played that weeend too, he was
hanging out at the bowling alley but he didn't play. EG Kight was singing
with the band, and as Bobby Blue Bland had just played, I was hoping against
hope that he'd show up, but alas it was not to be.
I was with a buddy who thought I should go up and play a song as I had my
harps with me. Not likely.
--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.myspace.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals