[Harp-L] All about amps?

So, are there any good resources for learning about amps?

Back when I was taking guitar lessons and just starting out playing in
a little garage band, I tried to do some research on amps - basic
theory stuff, kind of "what's the difference between this and that",
what to look for, how to set up, things like that...I had very little
luck finding any broad-overview resources.

I've seen a lot of discussion on the harp list about various amps, but
almost all of it is over my head - is there any kind of "amps for
dummies and idiots", very basic intro-level amp concepts resources,
something I could learn about from? Whenever I've tried to discuss
amps with others, I end up getting a lot of questions that make me
realize that I don't even have a basic vocabulary for different aspect
of the amp that I should know about...

Thanks!
Sean