[Harp-L] questions about screws (was about riviets)

OK - based on the responses (thanks) and on a bit of research I am now convinced that screws, rather than rivets, are the way to go.  I'll experiment with both 'direct screw' and 'post & nut' methods.

At harp-on-line their standard reed screw is 1.4 mm x 3.9 mm.  And they sell the required thread tap so I'll give those a try.

But I'm open to any suggestions as to other types and sizes of screws that would do the job.  When I google the topic I get overwhelmed so it would be great if any suggestions make note of a source.

Doug H