Joe Spiers
http://www.spiersharmonicas.com

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 19, 2010, at 10:43 AM, Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You can buy rivets from Hohner USA - the phone number is buried somewhere on their website.

You can also get screws for attaching reeds from harponline. They use the direct screw-down method as opposed to the screw post-and- nut method. The former is simpler but the latter allows for better long term wear if a reed is replaced (or removed and reinstalled) multiple times.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa

Resident expert at bluesharmonica.com

Harmonica instructor, jazzschool.com

Columnist, harmonicasessions.com

--- On Fri, 6/18/10, Doug <mr4chnt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Doug <mr4chnt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] question about rivets
To: Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, June 18, 2010, 5:51 PM

Where does a guy get rivets for attaching reeds? Specifically, I want them for CX12 reeds.

I have ordered some CX12 reeds from harponline and will be attaching them to a custom made reedplate, so there are no old riviets to re- use.

Any information and advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Doug H