[Harp-L] Arif Mardin a Producer, Arranger in a class of his own

a new film "The Greatest Ears in Town" a look at the career of Producer, Composer, Arranger and Grammy Award Winner Arif Mardin.

Harmonica content, I did a session once for Arif on a Roberta Flack record, working with Arif was a musical experience like I've never before encountered and he treats every Musician he ever worked with the ultimate respect. If you get a chance, see this film produced by his son Joe Mardin. He never tried to change the artist, just frame their music in the most creative and beautiful ways. NY and Atlantic Records was very lucky to have this gentle giant of music at their disposal! Arif was one of the architects of pop, rock and soul music.

here is some info on his career:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&searchlink=ARIF|MARDIN&sql=11:fiftxqlgldde~T1

Kind of short notice but if anyone is in NYC, this is a must see.....I was invited to the premier screening last night and I was mesmerized by this film.

http://www.nypl.org/events/programs/2010/06/16/screening-greatest-ears-town-arif-mardin-story

all the best,
Rob Paparozzi