Re: [Harp-L] Brendan Power in Nashville

Hey kids
You've got to go.
Brendan sat in with my band and everyone is still talking about it.
The man is an original.
humble..but a real gifted player on a level I have never seen.
This goes beyond the normal harmonica box....it is like another instrument in his hands.
No reworking the old chops (which is cool too).

He took on our more obscure tunes with instant comprehension and fluidity.
I had never met him before..but I now have a new vision of what a harp can do...
It does not escape me that he is using superior equipment to mine.
Have him show you his Chopped harps and hear the expression he gets with the valving...(he will have to explain)
I could really hear a roundness to some of the notes where I would by nature had a sharper (tone) attack.

Forget what I say,
go see him play.  Hear for yourself.
He is a treasure.

Grant Walters

I ain't half bad...I ain't half Brendan.