Re: [Harp-L] Re: Miles Davis, So What / position exploration / harp

Bill,

Your secret is safe with me. But, although i get around in multiple positions pretty well, i don't OB. The tab with the correlation to scale tones is very helpful, though. I need to study it a little to work out what note selections available to me w/o OBs will work in a performance setting. Sometimes there's ways to play a tune on a diatonic, but the phrasing isn't practical for up tempo live performance--I'm not suggesting that's the situation here, but experience has taught me that just becuase something CAN be played in a certain position on a diatonic doesn't always mean that it's practical to do in a perfrormance setting.

But. thanks for doing this. it's really helpful. i have no formal music training, so it can be somewhat laborious for me to figure out which notes make up which chords in which keys. But this makes it easy since you've done it for me!

Best regards,

JP