To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 8:59 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Tcherepnin Harmonica Concerto

So today I was going over the Tcherepnin Harmonica Concerto, very sophisticated and difficult chromatic writing. So I realized after all this diatonic-chromatic banter that I am using a head hand shake I learned while playing diatonic with a mic. Normally I try not to move my head since it's slower than the hands. But this requires both hands and head for the speed and accuracy. I also am using very fast chord tonguing on the Benjamin Harmonica Concerto that I learned playing diatonic in a Madcat style; the power I get on the opening draw note runs comes from all the diatonic blues I played because most is draw power. I use a Sonnyboy or Sonny Terry hand vibrato on some very loud high notes in Concerti. And on and on and on....

I just had never considered all the origins of all this diatonic technique that transfers before this discussion.

Harmonically yours,

Roberto
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com

P.S. - I don't play in any positions except missionary and my star sign is feces. Chamber Huang was my teacher and he was in the discussion group of "chromatic players who played upside down 12 hole with the button on the right."