[Harp-L] Home from Kerrville Folk Festival, a report

I just spent a week and a half at the Kerrville Folk Festival.
Interesting harmonica moments include:
Guy Forsythe (and playing with him on and off the stage)
9 year old Shoshanna Brustin jamming around the campfire
Brad Trainham (didn't hear him, but saw him out there)
Young players in their early twenties going for it such as Wyn and
Little Roy Arkansas
Bill Pratt
Boomer
Terry Hendricks doing a solo harp and voice song on stage, glad
Shoshanna got to see that!
And me jamming with everybody and having a great time.

Today, after I left, the harmonica workshop begins with Madcat Ruth,
Winslow Yerxa and RobRoy Parnell.  I have taught this multiple times
and it is a great program.  Three days on 5 hours of teaching,
including camping, a meal, and entrance to the evening's festival's
music for $165!  I am sure it will be great!

Tonite, instead, I am teaching the last Harmonica class for the UT
Informal Classes.  All UT Informal Classes are coming to an end
because we are around $20,000 short.  How much are they paying the
football coach, again?  Anyway, support your local adult education
programs.  I have been teaching this 4 times a year for 10 years or
more and it is a shame to see it go.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com