[Harp-L] Jamming Etiquete

Hi Grent,
St Francisco used to have a great trad music scene. The revered Galway box
player Joe Cooley featured there for years and in fact no less than the
equally revered "harpist" Rick Epping played with him there before taking
his extended  sabbatical in Ireland.
I think the term you are looking for to describe hackneyed Irish sentimental
ballads is "Come all yes" a term of disparagement used by would be
connoiseurs arising from the fact that the ballad sheets sold by peddlers of
sheet music at country fairs and the like in the last century seemed all to
start with the words "Come all ye (gallant heros or whatever) and listen
unto me"
Don't leave the Irish music to Brendan Power. Brendan has generously passed
on his knowledge to the rest of us in his two excellent tutors on the
subject of Irish music for both the blues harp and the chromatic. I am
working my way at a painfully slow pace through his chromatic tutor at the
moment.
Beannachtai
Aongus Mac Cana