Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] looking for a new home...

Well said Elizabeth!
As a chrom player who went diatonic 5 years later, and now plays both
"axes"... I am most "at home" at Harp-L and have been here, with a few gaps,
since about 1994... But I've been on "Slidemeister" too...
Both are EXCELENT resorces.... I have learnt SO MUCH because of BOTH
places!
I started playing "mouth organ"... Chromatic, as it happens, back in about
1956... YES I'M THAT OLD... I was 8 years old then, and was INSPIRED (and I
 still am) by the great jazz chromatic harmonicist Max Geldrey.. The  best
jazz harmonica player that I have heard (Yet!). CHECK out Max  Geldrey out
on _www.youtube.com_ (http://www.youtube.com)
I was influenced as well, of course, by Larry Adler and others.... But  I
didn't hear any "short harp" playing till I was 13 years old..And that was
Little Walter Jacobs... WOW....And now, I'm (mostly) known as a blues harp
player... It's funny... I play mostly "African American" music...  &  I'm not
American, and have never even BEEN to Africa! (YET).
Heck... Good music is good music...
Great harp players can play ANYTHING...
For example, Robert Bonfiglio "nails" classical chromatic AS WELL as "Blues
 Harp"... All power to him, and the rest of us fanatics who play THEIR
harmonicas. I don't know if I have ever heard ANYONE improvise so well as
Robert Bonfiglio can improvise, either on chromatic, or diatonic  harmonica.

Sincerely,

John "Whiteboy" Walden.
English harmonica player... Residing in Cebu City,
Republic of the Philippines.