Re: [Harp-L] Banned on slidemeister

On 6/2/10 7:40 AM, "harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx >
wrote:

Well I was banned from slidemeister today. I tried to post the topic,
"Getting a diatonic sound on a chromatic harmonica", which apparently is a
forbidden topic on the chromatic forum. When I protested I was banned.

I don't know _nearly_ as much about our beloved instrument as most folks around here, but I do know a thing or three about netiquette. Sadly, it could be anything from an over-zealous list-master to a community that doesn't handle FAQs well to someone having a bad day to resentment that your little toy version of their Serious Musical Instrument gets all the attention. Who knows?

I wouldn't read too much into it, though. I have gotten FLAMED on lists
just for top-posting a reply, rather than (as I've done here) replaying
on the bottom.

The Internet lets people with the need to exercise power have all the
power they can handle — and a little bit more.

Play on, Grant

Dave