Re: [Harp-L] Meteor Amps info

And what you seem to be missing here Gino is my reasoning for raising my prices. My costs have increased across
the board and my prices haven't changed. At this point I'm at about a 20% profit margin. Do you know of any businesses
that can survive at 20% ???  Let's factor in that my overhead outside of my actual build cost is paid out of that 20%. I've
raised my prices twice since 2002, this is my third time. I've always been of the attitude to keep the money in the players
pocket as I myself am a gigging musician and there's no money in playing local bar gigs. I get that. I build amps as my
full time job and have considered taking a "real" job on various occasions. Let me do things the "American way". Get a
job and make squat like I do now except do it for someone else and be miserable. But wait, I could then get health insurance and an actual tax REFUND instead of paying every year.

I use American made parts. Most of which are made locally and custom for my products. My build cost's I guarantee you
are higher than other builders. I can't get a Bassman chassis on line or grab an "off the shelf" transformer. I don't use $35
Jensen re-issue speakers or online cabs. Dude, I make about $3.50 an hour. Wanna trade jobs ???????

Sorry if the "American Way" dosen't fit in with you. I'm just trying to feed my family.

Scott
  Seems like the American way,,,as people continue to loose jobs and
  houses, raise the prices ! great idea. I'll just pull the money out
  of my...... Keep raising prices, Americans buy cheaper foreign products
  = more lost business and jobs. And then more people wont qualify
  for mortgages, and then , all the property will be owned by, more
  foreigners, people born and raised here will get driven into the
  dirt. Maybe I should raise the price of my CD,,,,$50 starting in
  July. Hurry and buy them today while they're cheap ! No complaining
  when the poor, poverty stricken Saudis get $5 a gallon for gas !
  Seems like, if everyone boycotted this product, he would either
  A)have to lower the price or B) file for bankruptcy.
  Sorry, guess they struck a nerve.

             Gino
    "LICENSE TO SMOKE"
  http://www.ginoharmonica.com