RE: [Harp-L] looking for a new home...

One way to accomplish diatonic like bends on the chromatic is to half valve the harp. You would want the valve on the draw reeds, except for holes 4,8 where I would leave both valves on. I would not put any valves on holes 11 and 12. It will still be leakier than a fully valved harmonica but a lot more airtight than without any valves (like the Koch harp).

AC