Re: [Harp-L] looking for a new home...

On Jun 2, 2010, at 12:45 AM, Gene Pool wrote:

Hello all,

Well I was banned from slidemeister today.

How did that happen? Slidemeister has been offline for several weeks?

I tried to post the topic, "Getting a diatonic sound on a chromatic harmonica", which apparently is a forbidden topic on the chromatic forum.

Getting a diatonic sound on a chromatic IS allowed in the diatonic section.

When I protested I was banned.

I like to call that....... wrong. Did the list owner give any explanation? The list owner doesn't like to be challenged.

This is a subject I've always been interested in, and I can't imagine why it's discussion is not allowed.

It all comes down to the 'Camel in the tent' fable.

So if this type of discussion is allowed here I'd love to hear your thoughts, from chromatic players, diatonic players, or people who play both.

It IS allowed here. If it's harmonica centric, it's allowed.

I don't know if attachments are allowed but I tried to attach a clip of me playing the Maret G48.

Attachments (per se) are not allowed but URLs ARE.

Thanks,
Grant