Re: [Harp-L] looking for a new home...

In a message dated 02/06/2010 21:12:44 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,
_subdomaintain@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:subdomaintain@xxxxxxxxx) ... GRANT  writes:

<<  "Getting a diatonic sound on a chromatic harmonica" >>
Yes.... I think a LOT of players are interested in that... I know I  am.
Yes I've experimented with playing un-valved chromatics, but never  really
worked for me... I have a couple of diatonic "Koch" 10 hole chroms, but  they
just leak air! Also they just sound like regular "short harps", but give
about half the volume of sound.

Of the "solo tuned" standard 12 hole chromatics I have used, Hohner's CX-12
 gives a fairly "diatonic" sound.

However, I mostly play Hohner 270 chroms, and Hohner MS diatonics... I like
 BOTH sounds... for different tunes.

Best wishes,
John "Whiteboy" Walden
English harmonica player,