[Harp-L] : Important message for Elk River Harmonicas Customers (David Payne)

Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2010 3:38 PM
Subject: Re: Important message for Elk River Harmonicas Customers (David Payne)

Dave's pretty easy to like, great personality, he's outgoing, friendly and has a wealth of information.
I got to know about him from his posts here on Harp_L., and later met him at Buckeye.
While we were at the Elk River Harmonica Festival in Bellville last year, I met his kids,
That's when and Dave told me about losing his reporter job at the newspaper
I've had a little experience at losing jobs while you're raising kids and knew a little about what he was going through.
I felt bad when I read that he was suffering with the Swine Flu but when he posted that he was going out of business,
I called him and asked if there was anything I could do to help him get him get back on his feet and urged him to keep Elk open.
When he started feeling better and began getting caught up on his backlog of repair and customization orders
I thought he was well on his way. At that time, I don't think either one of us would have guessed that he really
was well on his way ... out of town.

Besides teaching kids at a local school how to play harmonica, another thing
that that the folks in Belleville are going to miss is Dave's Elk River Harmonica Festival and Mid-Ohio Harmonica Championships.
I'm going to talk to him about moving the Mid-Ohio Harmonica Championships to North Benton, Ohio.
If he's agreeable, we'll incorporate the competition into our 6th annual Harmonica Party.
It takes allot of courage to pack up your stuff, leave home and follow you dreams.
I wish Dave, his family and the Harrison Harmonica Company all the best.
Hopefully he'll be able to come to the July party and show off a few of those new Harrison harmonicas.

Elk River Customers
Our website is still under construction,
If you don't see what you're looking for, call. We may have it in stock.
We can only apply discounts on orders taken by phone.
Let us know that you're an Elk Customer
We're open daily from 9 AM - 9 PM
 http://www.NewHarmonica.com

As far as those who regularly order stock harmonicas from me, I want to make sure they can still get what they need as seamlessly as possible.
Danny G has been partnering with me for a while and he's been shipping stuff out for me for a few weeks already, as I was getting caught up following my health problems last year. Now, he's taking it over, although the Elk name and I are technically, inseparable. So what this means is that while Elk will technically cease to exist as an independent entity, Danny G is ready to cater to the needs of Elk River customers. Anybody who knows Danny G, knows he is a great guy.
Danny is offering a 5% discount to Elk River Customers, even if you bought something like a 25 cent chromatic buffer tube, you're an Elk Customer.
Here is Danny's email: dannyg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks!
Dave
http://www.harrisonharmonicas.com