Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Musical Predictions

 I guess you could apply 80/20 to a lot of things. In business, this has meant that 80% of your income usually comes from 20% of your customers, so you should focus on these 20% (and "fire" the others).

Could a corollary to the 80/20 rule be that 20% of harp players come up with 80% of the best riffs?  Or best songs? Or best CDs?

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Spilka <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, Jan 29, 2010 4:20 pm
Subject: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Musical Predictions

> From: icemanle@xxxxxxx <icemanle@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Musical Predictions
> To: reedwrecker@xxxxxxxxx, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Wednesday, 27 January, 2010, 12:45

Could a corollary to the 80/20 rule be that 20% of harp players come up with 80% of the best riffs?  Or best songs? Or best CDs?

I didn't notice any reviews of this--last weekend I was at the Norton Buffalo tribute concert in Oakland.  Harp content--Charlie Musselwhite sat in with Bonnie Raitt, Doobie Bros, and Steve Miller. He sounded great of course, but certainly a different sound than Buffalo had when he played with these guys. Steve Miller did a good job playing his old harp part on Living in the USA.  I'm not a huge Doobies fan but thought they stole the show.

Marc Spilka
Los Gatos, CA