[Harp-l] Super Sonny deals

It is hard to believe both the Cruncher and the Super Sonny
are both priced at 1500 bucks.  I bought my 410 Sonny for a lot
more than that as others did back in the Bush years, and it
was still good value.  And once the SS package was added, the
amp really jumped to life.  The back panel, speaker configuration,
bridged bright/normal, and tube setup are just some of the features
that make this amp a harp amp and set it apart from others available.

I have owned and played Sonny Jr's for 20 years, starting with the SJ1.
Sure, I have owned a variety of old tube amps, but the Sonny is the most reliable,
gig worthy amp I ever owned.  It has taken lots of knocks, been kicked
over mid-set by errant dancers and has gotten back up and kept on rocking.
No tech issues, no warranty issues, plug it in, dial it in  and play.

I would think with a few tube changes,the SS would be a superb guitar amp.
 I know comparable amps like a Victoria Bassman would cost over $2500.
I don't know why we haven't seen these amps show up on bandstands for
guitarists.

And finally, when you get a Sonny, you get Gary O.  Gary is a lot of things,
but he is passionate about his pursuit of the perfect harmonica
amp.  He has assembled a body of information that is second to none, and he will tell you that.
Of course, Gary is protective of his knowledge, as he should be.  Why give it away for free?
I can only imagine all the  knuckleheads who call looking for free advise.

And being #1 means everybody throws rocks at you,  which is a position
I hate to see Gary put in.  But when I needed to know what particular varnish
he put on a SJ1 years ago, I could hear him rummaging through his basement
looking for some antique can of varnish and then explain how to apply it like a craftsman.
He could have told me go to Home Depot and buy some Minwax, click!
While there are some darn god harp builders out there, pound for pound, dollar for dollar,
the Sonny 410 and Cruncher at 1500 bucks are the best value amps for harp out there.

I am not an endorser of these amps.  I paid for my own amp, and use it.
I have no relationship with Gary other than I have forked over my hard earn cash
for a great product.