[Harp-L] Harp Soaking

Brian Stear wrote:
back in the 60's, ....snip....the harmonica player/singer/frontman kept pulling his harps out of
a glass which later on I would come to recognize as containing whiskey. During
break, I asked the well dressed man why he kept his harmonicas in the glass.
Said " makes them play better ".
   The harmonica player was Charlie Musselwhite.

Despite the fact that Butterfield was said to eschew this practice, I once saw him doing the same thing, keeping his harps in a
glass of liquid (looked like water).
Ron - FL Keys