Subject: [Harp-L] Re: B-Radical harmonica

Ahh... Now I see. I had the attached post all ready to send in to  the list
asking if you were a B-Radical customer, Paul. Now of course, since  you've
made your non-involvement quite clear...some of my points are  moot.

For someone who has 'no dog in this fight'...you seem remarkably quick to
label Brad as someone with 'contempt for his customers'. Why?  And just
what IS your beef with Brad?  What could he possibly have done to you
personally to engender these comments from you?

I'm a customer and feel no contempt whatsoever coming from Brad, Michael,
or anyone else who is involved in the production at Harrison Harmonicas.
Just what IS your problem, Paul?  Can you kindly elucidate?

Following is the post I had ready to send out and would have had I not been
 unavoidably delayed by a death in the family, so decided to go ahead
without  changing it...

"
Paul:  First I'd like to ask if you are one of those who have pre-paid  and
are waiting for a B-Radical?  If so, there is a much easier way to find
out the status of the harps. That is, contacting Brad or Michael DIRECTLY at
Harrison Harmonicas (you were given that information when you made your
deposit), rather than complaining here on harp-l  on a public board, like a
disgruntled customer.

That said, given the seemingly unending thread moaning about Hohner on this
 list, why on earth would ANY harmonica player want to push a brand-new
harmonica  company just getting off the ground into rushing their brand-new
innovative  harps to market when (as we should all know) there are always
delays in ensuring  perfection...and make no mistake: Brad Harrison wants his
harps to hit the  market as near to perfect as is possible.

Do you seriously want the same level of complaints to begin pouring into
harp-l about Harrison as we've been subjected to about Hohner?  Let's be real.

ANY new company has 'start-up issues' mostly unrelated to the product
itself. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to take on the myriad problems inherent
 with beginning the type of brand-new venture Brad took on in today's
America.  It's the nature of the beast - especially business as it's done here in
the US.  Everything begun from scratch as they've had to do....the
machinery, the  financing, the employees, everything's a 'learning process'. They
are not  using anyone else's reed plates, reeds, cover plates. Everything's
new...can you  possibly imagine what it's taking to begin all this from
scratch?

For pete's sake, are we all children in today's world who must have our
toys 'now' and can't have any patience whatsoever?   But if it is  because the
perfectionists running this particular company want to ensure  that we all
get an absolutely pristine and perfect harmonica for the money  we're
spending, then I for one am more than willing to wait...aren't you? I  mean,
seriously? You can surely play a Hohner/Suzuki/Seydel/LO in the meantime  until
your B-Rad comes in, couldn't you?

  I've already written to tell Michael and Brad this....that  they
shouldn't allow anyone to pressure them - and to assure them that any  serious
harmonica player/owner would also be more than willing to give them the  space to
'get it right'. From the other friends of mine who're paying customers  who
have placed orders with whom I've spoken, it seems we're all of a mind  -
not a single one is expressing impatience other than their real excitement
about getting this remarkable new harmonica into their eager grasp.

If you're not a pre-paid customer, then perhaps you could contact Brad or
Michael  for the facts before sounding off about it in such a  seemingly
vindictive fashion. Why should they have to keep updating the 'list'
publicly....they send out updates to their customers. If you aren't one, then
perhaps that's why you don't know the status. If you are and are unwilling to
wait, I'd suggest you contact them for the refund I'm sure they'd be quite
willing to provide.  As for me, I'm going to be absolutely thrilled  with the
two I ordered engraved with my name when they come in  -(which extra delay
was clearly spelled out) and will probably order  more when I get those.

Sure - it's a wee bit of a 'risky' venture in a way, for those of us who
placed an order - a relatively small amount.  For Brad - it's HIS  entire
life. He's invested everything into creating these harmonicas.

But I've also been privileged to see and hear Jason Ricci play the
B-Radical prototype. When people such as Jason and Michael Peloquin  then get on
board because they are 'believers'....that's more than good enough  since I
know the content of their characters.

Elizabeth

Message: 3