[Harp-L] Soaking Harmonicas

Soaking harmonicas is redundant and a waste of time if you're attempting to make them more air-tight. For the most part
SP-20's and others are self sealing. The water vapor from your warm breath condenses on the relatively cooler read plates and fills the gap between it and the comb. When you clean your harps and separate the the two there is an imprint or shadow formed on the read plate that is formed by moister and for lack of a better term gunk. Leave it there because that is your seal. It forms there after a couple hours of playing. I could never figure out why players went to the bother of sealing with tape and/or any other type of gasket material when the harp seals itself. Of course I'm speaking of any comb material other than wood.
If you soak a wooden comb you've ruined the harp. This is MHO. I would like to hear from customizers if they think my theory doesn't hold water. Pun intended!!
Paul
B-RADICAL
If You Love The Blues
Honk Your Harrison