[Harp-L] The Hohner Issue

I have a price savings suggestion for Hohner and most other companies. Stop
selling the harps with the plastic cases. I just throw them away and don't
see them in many harp cases. Since I buy my harp online I don't test them
before buying so I am okay with the sealed packaging but why include the
extra case?

As a guitar player, it would be interesting to add up the cost of strings
and periodic repairs over time. I too buy most if my guitars for under $500
and see no reason for spending more. But there are costs for all instruments
after the initial investment. Most professional guitar players replace frets
and other expensive repairs due to use. They keep the same guitar but spend
it's price many times over.

What I do not understand about harmonica parts is that the cost of reed
plate replacement is almost the cost of a new instrument. On C2C the reed
plates are $21.45 a big river is $18.85 and a blues harp is $28.60. unless
you seal you BH comb why would you buy replacement reed plates? If you do
then buy a Big River and you get new (in my opinion nicer) cover plates too
for less.

Derwood