[Harp-L] New William Clarke CD's (Lot of 4) on Ebay

There are currently 4 shrink wrapped William Clarke
CD's on Ebay that are being auctioned as a group, (or a lot)
by William's daughter Gina, for a starting bid of 12.99
for all four brand new CD's.

Now's a good time to splurge a little on yourself...
and keep expanding that fat harmonica blues cd collection
that you know you want to have, and that you deserve!

The Cd's are:
The Early Years - Volume 1
The Early Years - Volume 2
Live In Germany 88
One More Again

This is William's Daughter, Gina's Ebay Homepage:
http://myworld.ebay.com/ginas_zone/

What can I say about these 4 great, family produced cd's...

firstly:  "Thank You" to the Clarke family, for making these
Cd's happen, for allowing us, his fans, into Bill's extremely
gifted musical past, for continuing to make MORE of William's
music available for all his fans throughout the world.

I have all 4 of these cd's...so I'll do a quick reveiw.

CD #1 - The Early Years - Volume One

A must have for fans wanting to dig deeper into Bill

before the Alligator Label CD's. These are all studio

recordings, mostly from the sessions that produced

his first two LP's in 1978 and 1980.There are a few

bonus tracks that are from between 1983 & 1985...

but most of the 14 songs are from the earlier period.

George Smith is featured on 2 tracks.

Teenage Girl and Teardrops Are Falling.

This CD also features Hollywood Fats on 7 cuts,

The Nightowls, Smokey Wilson, & others.

CD #2 - The Early Years - Volume Two

More great pre-Alligator music from the Big Man.

13 tracks from 1980 through 1990 period, featuring

George Smith on one tune, Johnny Dyer, Mitch

Kashmar, Ronnie Earl, Rick Holmstrom, Zach Zunis,

& 3 Live cuts off the Live "Rockin The Boat" sessions

from Bills old stomping grounds, and mine too, The

Startboard Attitude in Redondo Beach California.

CD #3 - Live In Germany - 1988

One of Williams Best performances Live ever caught

on Tape in Bix Bremen, Germany - 9/25/1988.

Bill had given me this material on cassette just after

he came back from this show, and I've been hearing

these great tracks for many years before his wife

decided to put it out on CD after Bill passed away.

Amazing 3rd position chromatic blues/swing/jump

material on here that's just blistering. Bill using a

12 hole Bb over the key of C...very intense stuff!

10 Tracks with John Marks, Willie Brinlee, Eddie Clark.

A Must have CD in my book...period.

CD #4 - One More Again

The latest release of previously unissed studio material

from 2008. Some are Alternate Takes, but it's all very

good material. You can hear samples of the 10 tracks,

and from ALL the CD's talked about here, and see the

artwork on the Cd's here at CD Baby -

http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/WilliamClarke

Jeannette has a Live CD ready to come out any day...

it's Called, " Live Bootleg Cassette Anthology"...

You can order it directly from her: jlodovici@xxxxxxx

Most Long Timers here on harp-l know me as a huge

William Clarke Advocate, Supporter, Fan, & Student.

But beyond that, I was fortunate enough to live only

a few miles away from Bill and his family all through

the 80's and into the 90's, and I was lucky enough

to know Bill on a personal level also, as I still am with

his widow Jeannette today. So where most guys would,

say about here, make disclaimers about having no affiliations,

let me say...it's a very small. family run business...if you

can even call it that. And I do, and will do everything I can

to help keep William's music and Legacy alive and in the light.

Once again. Thanks To Jeannette Clarke Lodovici for keeping

Bill's music coming for as long as she can. As Bill had said many

times..."if it wasn't for Jeannette, I wouldn't even be playing

music on a full time level..."

~Donnie~

The William Clarke Tribute Site:
http://www.angelfire.com/blues/williamclarke/index.html