RE: [Harp-L] RE: Hohner Price Increase

Alexander said:  please face the music

Well Alexander here is the tune here in the US.

(1)  I am sorry that you have problems but those problems are your problems
not ours.

(2)  No matter how you feel about the U.S. I strongly suspect that the U.S.
is Hohner's largest market and if they blow it here, which I think they are
doing in spades, Hohner prices will go up even more making them even less
competitive.  It's economics 101.  The more you buy the less you pay,
individually or nationally.  Free enterprise is a wonderful economic engine
when it is allowed to work.  It is incredibly flexible.  If you leave a hole
in the market somebody else will fill it.

So, very simply put, Hohner has the choice of remaining competitive or
losing market share in the world's largest consumer market.

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, OK