  From: Winslow Yerxa
  To: Harp L
  Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2010 11:30 PM
  Subject: Re: [Harp-L] harmonica terminology

  Ah. I took "refined" to infer that there was something gross about the word hole.

  Rather than use multiple synonyms, why not just say "mouthpiece hole," "backplate hole," "slider hole" and so on. That would do a better job of specifying in a clear way which type of hole you're referencing than having to introduce and then define - and count on the reader to keep clear - a whole set of special terms.

  Winslow

  Winslow Yerxa