Re: [Harp-L] Was Hohner Price Increase: now compression?

Hi Frank
              Just curious here.
Why would a harp with better compression be considered inferior?
I take good compression to mean air tight with good response.
Am i missing something here.What do we mean by good compression actually?
Rick
in NZ

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Evers" <frank@xxxxxxxxx>

I had a whole set of Suzuki's Firebreath. I kinda liked it, but finally sold it again right because of that compression. It's the main and major flaw of Suzuki harmonicas. The Manji does not have that compression, so i'm fine with Suzuki again, but still i prefer Marine Band over the Manji.

 Now, i haven't
 tried a Crossover, but, as i understand it, part of what gives the
 Suzukis superior compression is closer red/plate tolerances,

You should measure. Suzukis don't have closer tolerances. It's what i thought too, but i checked it. Yet it proved wrong. ;)

--
Gruß,Frank