Re: [Harp-L] Paul delay song

 I was at that workshop weekend. It's true. He may have been the only living harmonica player that perhaps made even Kim Wilson a little nervous. I know this because Vicki and I were "courting" Kim (in the quest to get him to come to a SPAH - which took more than two years of finessing on our part) and we were hanging with him at the Portland Waterfront Festival in, I believe, 1997. Both were playing the festival, so I could observe interactions between them....

He definitely had the respect of the other harp players for his musicianship and the ability to deal with his personal addiction demons.

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Lines <plines@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Greg Heumann <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx>; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, Jan 22, 2010 1:41 pm
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Paul delay song

I believe it was David Barrett that said that when he had Paul delay as a performer for one of his workshops all the other famous harp players there as instructors and performers wanted to know when he was playing. They universally recognized that he had unique approaches.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Heumann" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx>