[Harp-L] Hohner in the Local Marketplace

I'm curious as to how often others find "brands other than Hohner" in local
music shops. Probably everyone on this list is familiar with the other major
brands available today--and can easily obtain a Seydel, Hering, Suzuki,
Huang, Lee Oskar or Harrison through mail-order or the Net. But, in my very
limited experience, Hohner is almost always the only harmonica of
professional quality available in local music stores.

Last time I went to a local music store, the selection consisted of some
el-cheapos [I forget exactly (Blues Band?)] and their small selection of
Hohners. I know that one can special order other brands--especially if you
get to know the salepeople and/or owners, but I suspect that the desperate
and most newbies are going to end up buying a Hohner because that is what is
most widely available.

Eric