[Harp-L] Hohners

I think we need to look inside the corporate structure that is Hohner.

It's no longer JUST a harmonica company and hasn't been for some time. It's also owns Sonor Drums, Lanikai Ukuleles, Laney Amps. It has a line of Accordions, Guitars and misc. instruments.

In the money stream it takes the sale of a lot of harmonicas to equal the single price of some of those items. I don't think Hohner is trying to compete with other companies
so much as it's trying to compete with it's self and the products in it's line. It would be interesting to know if Hohner has been increasing the prices of it's other products besides
those related to harp players. It would also be interesting to know what players of those other instruments think about the price increases since they are more costly then harmonicas to
begin with.

Michael Easton
www.harmonicarepair.com