[Harp-L] SF Bay Harpers 7th Jam Rocks!

Here's the review/report I posted on the SF Bay Harpers forum on our 7th quarterly jam session held last night at Armando's ... I should add here my thanks to Danny White of Good Stuff Guitar Shop in Martinez, CA, and Roy Jeans of Armando's, also in Martinez, for sponsoring these ... without them, we'd be having a much harder time. The report:

7th Quarterly Jam Report

If you werenât there last night â and a lot of you werenât,
maybe because of the weather? â you missed the best session yet for blues
lovers. It may even have been a blessing that not many signers-up were there,
as that expanded somewhat the time slots for the great featured players who
attended.

Beth Kohnen made SF Bay Harpers history when she became the
first lady harper to play at one of our jams. What a player she is! And she
sings, too. She, in fact, has a gig at Armandoâs the details of which I donât
have at hand, but surely she will post here and let us know. It was a pleasure
to meet and hear her. I apologize for not getting the gig details.

There was only one jam signup player, Rick Baskin, and he
was the nightâs big happy surprise, blowing some incredible fast licks along
with his other blues chops with the house band, Brett Cosby on drums, Kelly
Back on guitar, and Kennan Shaw on bass. We were also joined by keyboard
players Byron Allred (a veteran of the
Steve Miller Band and Norton Buffalo) and Regi Rockinelli, two incredible
players who helped lift things to another level.

Anyway, here was the playing order:

Awed Ducks with Peter Sproul on harp and vocals, Jim
Brunelle on bass, John Gallagher on Dobro and myself on guitar, autoharp and
vocals. Certainly the first time autoharp has been heard at one of our jams.
House drummer Cosby joined us and it was great fun!

Mark âFennyâ Fenichel, with Regi Rockinelli on keys, Doug
Burns on harp, and the house band. Beth Kohnen joined them for one tune. They
rocked!

Rick Baskin with the house band joined by Allred. Rick was
this jamâs surprise of the night, playing some hot harp. He has a CD out, and
you can e-mail him at rjb@xxxxxxxxxxxx
for information.

Charley Wade Saavedra and the house band, another rockinâ
set with IIRC the house and plus Allred.

Beth Kohnen and the house band. Already said what happened
there. A great first time for me seeing her perform live.

Joe Lempskowski with his guitar buddy Don Yonder, joined by
Shaw, Cosby and Rockinelli.

Paul Palizzolo, Martinezâs own favorite harpinâ guy, with
the house band plus Allred, who was his guest at the jam. A great set to close
things out.

Hopefully some videos of these performers will be posted
here (or elsewhere). And weâll be announcing future jams ASAP. Many, many
thanks to everyone who came out and made this the best SF Bay Harpers jam yet,
at least blues-wise.

Cheers,Bob LoomisSF Bay Harpershttp://bayharpers.ning.com/