Re: [Harp-L] Low F harps

get a low f delta frost
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Fugazzi" <mikefugazzi@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:31 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Low F harps

By embossing, arcing (exactly like suggested by Ruper Oysler's video), and
tip scooping (per Oysler) I am able to get my Golden Melodies to play
perfectly.  I can ob and od and control the bends to the point of bending
them several semitones.  They play out well live and I am rather proud of
myself.  ;)

However, my Low F Sp 20 just doesn't play the same way. Even after doing
the above, I think I can get more out of it. Any advice? The 4 ob is a
pain, but I am doing ok with 5 and 6. I can od 7, but 9 and 10 squeal. In
general, from holes 7-10, the harp just doesn't play well. It is better
than stock, but not magical.

I opened the back of the harp up. I was thinking of cutting out the part of
the comb that runs through each slot, but don't see that making a world of
difference. I am not opposed to trying turbo tape, etc. I will even by
different tools or what not. I just know, having seen Jason Ricci's Youtube
and having tried a Filisko Low F some time ago, that I am not getting "it".

I know have a C, D, and Bb I have spend that last couple of weeks on that
were "junk" harps that are now stellar for my style and by far my best
harps...so I have to be onto something...kinda sorta.

Mike Fugazzi harmonica/vocals NiteRail <http://www.niterail.com> "Rock and Blues Ablaze" [image: Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/mike.fugazzi>[image: MySpace]<http://www.myspace.com/niterailband>[image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/NiteRail>[image: Youtube]<http://www.youtube.com/user/mikefugazzi>[image: Blogger] <http://playingtheharmonica.blogspot.com/>

--- @ WiseStamp
Signature<http://my.wisestamp.com/link?u=xndkdpwzz25kcfmq&site=www.wisestamp.com/email-install>.
Get it now<http://my.wisestamp.com/link?u=xndkdpwzz25kcfmq&site=www.wisestamp.com/email-install>