[Harp-L] Another Hohner price increase

I didn't see anything posted yet in my Digest so I guess I'll be the messenger of bad news.

Got a call today from my Hohner supplier. He said HohnerUSA is increasing it's prices across the board 8%
on Feb. 15.

I asked about the Crossover harp and he said he's been out of them since Oct. A new shipment won't be in until the
price increase so don't plan on getting one at the old price.

I've decided to stop carrying Hohner products for obvious reasons but will still fix them while I have the parts in stock.
Hohner is slowly driving the independent repair guys out of business due to the cost of replacement parts.

The reason my rep. gave for the price increase is the increase in the Euro value and something to do with the Chinese economy.

Also Hohner is has decided to market their products in blister card packs now to have them out on a rack rather then behind glass in a case.
They want product visibility. Word from the rep is vendors aren't happy with that move.

Michael Easton
www.harmonicarepair.com