To: <Franze52@xxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced

<<
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced ...

JUST LABELS.

As well as being a harmonicist, I am a (sometime) professional
photographer. It took me until last year to "go digital".

Back in November I enrolled in a "Beginners Digital Photography" course.

I learnt lots of things I had never even thought of. It was FANTASTIC.
Truly advanced things!

Then this month I attended an "Advanced" photo workshop, organised by
different people.... They were teaching stuff I did when I was 13 years old. By
my book, not advanced at all. But it was still worthwhile. However,
"ADVANCED"... Not in my book.

Beginner?
Intermediate?
Advanced?

Just labels. I've been a working musician, playing harmonica as my only
serious instrument all of my adult life. I've spent years on the road with
different bands. OK I'm a blues singer too...

BUT does that make me "advanced"... I think not!

Who cares...

I don't play fast. I don't play clever... I don't even attempt to use the
same harp in every key. Does that make me a "beginner"? LOL.

I just try to make great music. Forget about the labels!

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines