[Harp-L] advanced? (bends)

I think most intermediate players today would find tongue block bends more difficult because it seems most people today learn pucker rather than tongue blocking. Much of the material (such as "bending the blues") seems to focus on pucker as the initial playing style rather than tongue blocking.

I believe a lot of the perceived or assumed differences and difficulties thought to belong to the various embouchures arises more from familiarity (or lack thereof) rather than anything else. If more current introductory material focused on tongue blocking-- including tb bending in all octaves--then I think people would find it more difficult to bend in pucker than tb.

JR Ross