Re: [Harp-L] Re: Casual harmonica players

<< Though I take your point, I can't agree with your examples Ben. Every
time I heard G. love playing harp on one of Jack Johnson's tunes I'm afraid
I cringed (and wished I'd done it ;-). How about the way Tony Joe White uses
harp? Simple but beautifully effective, maybe that would qualify?>>

A matter of taste, perhaps ?

Though I have to say I don't paticularly like Jack Johnson, way too laid
back for me...

There are tons of really good harp playing on G Love and Special Sauce
stuff. The album Philadelphonic has - comparatively - a lot of harmonica,
usually in short bursts. The solo on No Turning Back, the riffing on Friday
Night, the acoustic intro to Love, they're all ace in my book.

Maybe I've just heard too much blues harmonica...

Benoit