Re: [Harp-L] Harp tuning (was Special 20 Tuning)

In North America A444 is too high for playing in most ensembles, as most pianos and guitars are tuned to A440. If you're playing with, say, a classical string ensemble that tunes to 446, that's anotehr story. and if you're paying only by yourself, then matching others is not a concern.

Each individual will find what works best for them. Some players in an A440 situation will have their instruments tuned as high as A46 or even A448, if hey depress pitch a lot (like Stevie Wonder or Leo Diamond). I find that A442 works best for me, while I know some who use A441.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa