[Harp-L] Re: Special 20 Tuning

Jerl wrote:

<Does anyone have a reason why Hohner tunes their Special 20 harps , sharp?>

I've noticed this tendency in recent years, the pitch has tended to creep upwards. I'm not sure what the reason is, but it's not intentional. In order to correct this, I'm currently engaged in tuning master plates for all Hohner diatonic models, so that they will play slightly above concert pitch (as Steve Shaw remarks, this sounds better) but lower than some models are currently tuned. I did new master plates for the Special 20 CT, the Crossover and am currently working on SBSs, but hope to deal with all models within the next couple of months. It's rather a lot of work as there are three different fine tunings used on standard tuned diatonics, not to mention special tunings, and each key needs to be tuned 3 times with a week's rest in between,

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.bluesculture.com