[Harp-L] Re: truely advanced diatonic workshops?

Larry poses some good questions.

To me, the distinction between intermediate and advanced blues
diatonic player is below (and probably incomplete).  I am sure there
are excellent pro players that may not fulfill all of my advanced
criteria.   My apologies if I offend anyone.....

Advanced-
tongue block
play intervals
strong, correctly intonated draw and blow bends
uses dynamics
facile in first, second, and third position
able to play long logically constructed solos
knows the standard blues progressions
knows standard blues repertoire
has studied/can play some blues harmonica instrumental classics
knows how to play with a band
knows bullet and acoustic mic technique

Intermediate-
strong pucker only
draw bends only, intonation not consistent
second position only
solos are riff based/ bend-wail based
limited band play insight
limited knowledge of blues repertoire/standard progressions

A good advanced class would include-

In class play along to backing tracks or live guitar
Careful listen and critique of the student's play by the instructor
and other students
Core exercises and focused exercises tailored to a student's needs for
future study
Overblows in blues
Acoustic and amplified playing
and most important- selection of happenin' footwear for live
performance

I would happily fly somewhere to attend a multiple day workshop with
legitimate advanced students and a gigging excellent teacher.   Anyone
else?

Jim R