De : harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] De la part
de mundharp@xxxxxxx
Envoyé : dimanche 17 janvier 2010 13:31
À : harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [Harp-L] Re:Questions for Chromatic Players

In a message dated 17/01/2010 19:17:52 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,
bill.eborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<Would anyone else agree that whilst playing different key  chromatics has
it's place, it's important to be able to play evenly in all  12 keys.>>

Quite honestly, I don't think it matters.

YES IT IS a worthwhile skill, but it is a skill you need only if you need
it!

Depends on what you want to do with your music. It's also a great skill to
play in each and every key on a diatonic... Like Howard Levy and Iron Man
Mike  Curtis. They play most everything on  one diatonic. Mostly a  "c".

But If you simply want to play blues in 2nd position on your short harp...
Why bother?

In an ideal world, all chromatic harmonica players should be able to play
EVERYTHING in every key, on their "C" chromatic. I ADVISE ALL CHROM PLAYERS
TO  LEARN THIS SKILL. It will improve their playing!

But to my mind the secret of great music is the music. It really doesn't
matter how you get there.
"There are many roads to Jerusalem"

I cheat! I simply obtain the best tool for the job I am trying to  do...

Best wishes,

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines