Re: [Harp-L] re: new position

Warren showed me how to play fifth position at SPAH in Kansas City. That gave me a good general idea of it.   Then Charlie Musselwhite turned on my light even brighter when he said he explored positions by finding the starting note on the low end of the harp and the same note an octave higher, then just "fooling around" in between those notes.  I haven't really worked at fifth, but every time one of these really great players like Warren or Musselwhite tells you something, it's probably good to listen. (And yes, Warren, you are a great player.)
Steve Webb in Minnesota